Little One has a dream. She loves being a princess. To her, princess has long beautiful, wear pretty dresses and wears nice shoes and accessories. It is not surprising that Little One would sometimes go wild when we went window shopping. She would go, "I want to have this, this and that... "
We do not buy her everything, we would only buy what is needed. I admit we do occasionally indulge in some luxuries. For hair accessory, I would make some for her when I find the time.
What you need:
Compass/ anything with a circular base of at least 4.5 to 5 times the diameter of your button
A button (I use 22mm Daiso Covered button)
Sewing thread (similar colour as your cloth or button)
Elastic cord (I don't know whether this is the correct name)
Old clothes (recycling)
1. Trace a circle of diameter about 4.5 to 5 times that of the button on the cloth with a pen. In this case, I could not get any stuff of 99mm. So I decided to make do with a 95mm (d) case and use that to trace.
If you do not have any thing suitable to trace, you can try drawing with a compass.
2. Sew running stitches around the edges.
3.. Tighten by pulling the thread tight into a "bun like" shape as demonstrated below.
4. Continue to sew the covered button (Little One made this) to attach to the "bun". Sew at least 5 stitches to firming attach the button to the "bun".
5. Cut the elastic cord to a desired length and tie a knot. Then, sew onto the other side of the "bun".
This post is part of the "Care for the Earth" series
- Care for the Earth (introduction)
- Our Green Library and Recommended Green Books.
- Making a Pinhole Camera (Craft)
- DIY card holder (Craft)
- "Lungs of the World" in Singapore
- Making a Yoyo Button Hair Accessory (Craft)
- A different birthday- a more down-to-Earth approach
- Celebrating Earth Day
If you have been enjoying reading our posts, like us on facebook