Monday, February 1, 2016

Squabble


Little One had a squabble with her best friend in class. It was actually over a bookmark and a bookmark holder which I had given to her for her usage. The purpose of the bookmark is to mark the page of the handbook whenever I have a message for the teacher/s or vice versa.

What happened was when Little One took the bookmark out to mark a page, her friend saw the bookmark holder which I had attached to the handbook and decided to show off. Actually, it is just some simple laminated card with logo which I didn't realise would fascinate her classmates.

Anyway, her best friend saw the holder in the handbook and decided to show it to the rest of class. Little One being taught to be humble did not want that to happen and snatched it back. Both of them refused to give the book up and hence the book was torn. At the end of the day, both kids were angry with each other.

So, moral of the story, if you were to allow your child to bring anything to school, keep it as plain as possible. I guess children their age like to show, whether it is their own stuff or something that belongs to others.

What did I do then? I  decide to keep the bookmark holder as it is, I do not want to change, who would know whether the children would start to show off to the rest of the class if I do that and there may be squabble number 2.

At the same time, I took the chance to teach respect and forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...