Knowing my mom couldn't take hard food like nuts anymore, I told her I would grind them into powder and make them into cakes.
I am all set to make the mini cakes. This is a healthier choice as I have omitted sugar and oil. All these are substituted by natural ingredients. Sugar substituted by banana and blueberries.Oil by cashew nuts. I have done some internet searching, I seemed to be the only one using cashews as an oil substitution for cakes. I am not sure whether it will work but just do a trial and error. It works! And the greatest news of all is that my mom enjoys it! =)
|Very own cashew blueberry banana cake|
Sugarless Cashew Blueberry Banana Cake (No added oil/ fats)
|homogeneous cashew nut and banana|
- Blend the cashew nuts to powder. Add in the banana and blend till homogeneous. Set aside.
- Set up the steamer and boil the water over medium high heat
- Whisk the flour, baking soda in a big bowl using fork for about 20 times.
- Then beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add in milk and vinegar and whisk together
- Combine the two mixture and mixed till smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and cashew nuts + banana mix.
- Scoop the batter into the 4 prepared foil/ramekins cups that are lined with paper liners , load them into steamer (make sure the water is boiling) and steam for 10 min (depending on size of the steam cake, it can be anywhere between 8 min to 15 min)
- Use a toothpick or skewer to test whether the cakes are ready.
- Once it's done, take the cakes out and allow to cool.
Now you have your very own cashew blueberry banana cake! Enjoy!