|Steaming cakes in a frying pan|
Sugarless Banana Walnut Cake
- Chopped the walnuts.
- Set up the frying pan and boil the water over medium high heat.
- Mash the bananas.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda in a big bowl using fork for about 20 times. Otherwise sift them.
- Then beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add the oil and yogurt and whisk them together.
- Combine the two mixture and fold in the mashed banana and chopped walnuts. You may want to reserve 4 pieces of walnut to decorate the top of your cakes
- Spoon the batter into the 4 prepared foil/ ramekins cups that are lined with paper liners
- Put one chopped walnut onto each cup batter.
- Place all 4 foils/ ramekin cups into frying pan (make sure the water is boiling) and steam for 10 min (depending on size of the steam cake, it can be anywhere between 8 min to 15 min)
- Use a toothpick or skewer to test whether the cake is ready.
- Once it's done, take the cakes out and allow to cool.
|Steaming in a frying pan, I can see through the glass cover|
Although the cake is not sweet at all (I used 1 small banana then), my girl loves it. I probably try to make again the carrot / pumpkin cake, but with lesser quantity of ingredient and more baking soda.
|My steamed cakes|
I am still trying to figure out why the cake sort of sucken after it is taken out of the pan.
Note: do be careful when steaming this way, I had put too much water once and the boiled water went into the cakes!