This was her version. It was her first exposure to the Pledge and I don't blame her for mispronouncing but it does sound senseless and probably a little hilarious.
- We, the sillizens of Singapore,
- pledge ourselves as united people,
- regardless of praise, oranges or orange juice,
- to build a democratic society...
- ... ...
- so as achieve happiness, aspiraty, and
- program for our nation.
The National Pledge
- We, the citizens of Singapore,
- pledge ourselves as one united people,
- regardless of race, language or religion,
- to build a democratic society
- based on justice and equality
- so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
- progress for our nation.
I still feel proud reciting the pledge. Little One could recite with improvement. At least, citizens are no longer sillizens.
Happy birthday, Singapore!